SunnyView Dental follows the current fee guide set out by Ontario Dental Association. The ODA Fee Guide is a reference of suggested fees for dental services that is updated annually and that is followed by the vast majority of dentists practicing in Ontario. At SunnyView Dental, we do not charge fees above the fee guide and the same fees are charged regardless of whether a patient has dental insurance. For more information on the ODA Fee Guide, please see the following website: http://www.oda.on.ca/you-your-dentist/dental-benefits-explained91
At SunnyView Dental, we're committed to making dental care convenient and accessible. That's why we offer Direct Insurance Billing. Direct Insurance Billing means that upon completion of your treatment, we can electronically submit your claim to your insurance company who will pay our office directly. This means that you do not have to pay for any covered treatment upfront and then wait for your insurance company to reimburse you. The only time that you would be responsible for paying a fee would occur if there is any difference between your insurance coverage and the cost of your dental treatment. For example, if your insurance company pays for 90% of the cost of your treatment, you would only be responsible for paying the other 10% at our office. With your permission, we can call your insurance company on your behalf and get your insurance breakdown. This will give our staff the details of your policy including maximums, covered procedures, and your eligibility for a new exams or x-rays. Direct insurance billing is a courtesy services provided by our office. As the policyholder you are responsible for knowing your insurance limits and keeping track of your coverage amounts. We're always available to help! Should you have any questions regarding your policy, please contact us.
I'm already going to another dentist and have recently had an exam with X-rays. How do I transfer to SunnyView Dental?
We're glad you've chosen SunnyView Dental as your dental home. If you have been seeing another dentist, we can easily transfer your dental records including any previously taken X-rays to our office. All you have to do is sign a simple Release of Records form at our office and will contact your current dentist to take care of the rest. If you would like, we can also contact your insurance company on your behalf to determine your limits and eligibility for any dental service.
Young children tend to swallow toothpaste when they are brushing, which may increase their exposure to fluoride and contribute to dental fluorosis. For this reason, children need to be assisted or supervised with tooth brushing. An adult needs to ensure that an appropriate amount of toothpaste is used, that the child spits out the toothpaste rather than swallows it, and that the teeth are cleaned effectively.
For children from birth to 3 years of age, the use of fluoridated toothpaste is determined by the level of risk of tooth decay. Parents should consult a health professional to determine whether their child up to 3 years of age is at risk of developing tooth decay. If such a risk exists, the child’s teeth should be brushed by an adult using a minimal amount (a portion the size of a grain of rice) of fluoridated toothpaste. Use of fluoridated toothpaste in a small amount has been determined to achieve a balance between the benefits of fluoride and the risk of developing fluorosis. If the child is not considered to be at risk, the teeth should be brushed by an adult using a toothbrush moistened only with water. For children from 3 to 6 years of age, only a small amount (a portion the size of a green pea) of fluoridated toothpaste should be used. Children in this age group should be assisted by an adult in brushing their teeth.